1.06.2008

Ice skating in Salt Lake City.......In the Car!!

So.... For those of you not in Utah we got a pretty incredible storm today and I was lucky enough to be out driving in it. First driving down I15 A Honda Accord flew past me just in time to lose complete control of their car and went into complete tailspin, back and forth across the freeway, I have no idea how they did not hit a side wall I pretty much stopped on the freeway because I had no idea how it was going to play out. The next thing I know he begins spinning full 360 degree spins facing oncoming traffic then around and around. Eventually he ended up headed the right way, I still have no idea how but we all survived that.

The best part of the story is this.... about two months ago I backed into my tenants car. Put a pretty good scratch on my bumper and scraped by a near divorce, since it is the third car I have dinged or backed into in the last three years. I swear the damn van has blindspots that I can never see out of. A normal person would remember that, me I seem to forget pretty regularly. Well..... I have been hoping for a new bumper and kept thinking soon enough someone as unfortunate as I would rear-end me. Well today it happened I was driving down 1300 south with my cute son in the car and as I came to the stop sign I knew it was very very slippery I had a hard time stopping. No sooner did I look up in my rear view mirror and the car behind me is experiancing the same thing. I tried to put the gas on and get out of the way but the tires would not catch and BAMM right into the back of me. I think he may have been going a bit to fast for the conditions, the scariest part was the fact that I looked into his car and he had two young like 5 year old girls in the car in the front seat thats right two kids in the front seat. I am just grateful that his airbag didn't go off they would have been hurt. Second bad thing is he stated I am a doctor at Pri999mary Chi@*@*@rens Hosp&#&#tal. I think to myself holy moley he has to know what could have happened to his girls. Needless to say everyone was fine, I have a bit of a headache I think from tensing up so much because I saw it coming.... Even better I will be getting a new bumper and rear hatch. I mean it is crappy that anyone had to get into an accident and it could have as easily been me.. I think when I called Ky and said I have been into an accident she had flashbacks of my inappropriate backing into things but her first question was are you okay?

We are really excited we are going skiing tomorrow, it should be really fun we are heading up with some friends. I don't ski, I have skiied once in my life and spent the majority of that time on my butt. Now that we are in better shape we are anxious to get out more and be more active. So here goes nothing!!!! We will report back soon, we will post pictures soon!

4 comments:

Merr said...

Scary snow driving! We went grocery shopping and when we came out it was a blizzard. The roads were very slippery. Glad you guys weren't hurt and you get a new bumper! Have fun skiing, definately not my thing!

K J and the kids said...

A) SO glad you are ok
B) SO glad he was a doctor and insured
C) have fun skiiing sucka :)

Unknown said...

Okay.. I think you need to stay off of the roads while there is a storm..
So glad that no on was hurt in the accident.. But thats great you finally get a new REAR END! LOL!
Hope you enjoyed skiing and it was warmer up there then it has been here.. Ahhhh I hate the cold, but I do love to ski.. :)

Keri said...

I'm jealous that you're off skiing on a Thursday...and I'm here in the muck of the city. Hope you had a great time. :)
As for the snow in the valley, let's all get together and wish it away. I'm ready for spring.