12.13.2007

Death....Hmm.... What calls someone home??

Life can certainly change in one fell swoop!! Poppie is gone, I am sad, but it was coming for a while we knew it. How do we prepare for death anyways, this week I sat in a hospital room watching a man I loved dearly gasping for air for 4 days straight. Preparing, or so I thought myself for the one moment in life. I still was not prepared for what this would bring. It has been an emotional rollercoaster.... Overall though it had to happen, I am so grateful that God was finally willing to take this man out of his suffering. Meanwhile as I am sitting at the hospital on Monday I got the call from my Mitchy that his father had passed very suddenly that morning. Well not so suddenly when you have cancer spread throughout your body, you are given three months to live and then 2 days into the hospice care your body has enough. I am much too tired to come up with some philosophy right now but am sure that I will speak more about it later... It is just interesting to think about "What calls someone home?"

To all my dear friends thank you for all of your support!!!

8 comments:

Keri said...

I like to think that we choose when we've had enough. I think God gives our spirit permission to come home and we take the time we need to leave.
I'm sorry for your family's loss. He sounds like a wonderful man. Luckily, that kind of love never actually leaves.

Trista said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad that he's no longer in pain.

K J and the kids said...

I'm so happy that Poppy is free from the pain his physical body kept him in. I'm also so sorry that he had to leave you.
I'm glad that you were there for him...clear to the end. I'm certain he was.
(((((Huge Hugs !)))))

Ky said...

My love for you has grown profoundly over the past 9 days that we have been separated. I am sorry I wasn't there while it all was happening, but I will be home soon and will be there for you always. I love you B.

ajs4ever said...

I'm so sorry for your loss sweetie! You are always in my thoughts and prayers and I will add Poppie as well!

Heidi said...

Love you my friend! Can't wait to see your smiling face again soon! We are always here for you! NO MATTER WHAT! You know that though...thanks for letting us have the day with Alyssa, it was awesome! :)

Unknown said...

We are praying for you and your family.. So sorry to hear about your loss! Keep your chin up! Time will heal you, but know that Poppy is "home" and free of pain!

Unknown said...

LETS DO HAVE A GUITAR HERO PARTY...
Yeppie!!!
Let us know when and where :)