1.26.2008

I forgot... I have to share the news with my closest blogging buds!

So in all of the craziness I had been wanting to post but keep forgetting. I mentioned in an earlier post about the time that Ky had left me for Hawaii and my Pops passed, that i had to take a National Licensing exam for my Licensed Substance Abuse Counseling License. So you take a test in a room of about 100 people and then walk out having to wait for 6 weeks for the results. It is a bit nerve wracking.... Well I waited and waited and had still not received my letter so I was getting a bit disappointed, the night before we left for San Diego I was checking my home phone messages and there was a big Congrats message from our local Association of Substance Abuse Professionals telling me that I had passed my licensing exam with flying colors. Ky was dead asleep I start screaming and whooping she flies out of bed thinking there was another minor emergency maybe nuclear warfare. After I calmed her and told her the news and made her listen to the message things were better.. The next morning I couldn't really remember if it was a dream or reality, sure enough it was a dream I called and found out that I had passed with a very high score. I am thrilled, I finally get to have some fancy letters after my name after 12 years in the field and over 20,000 hours I have accomplished something. I am thrilled it is another step in the right direction now if I just keep plugging with school and onto my masters degree I can actually "be somebody" (JK).


Last night I went to Michael Franti at the Depot a friend had bought us tickets Ky was not feeling great so I went with a couple of people. It was a blast I really liked him, interesting crowd for sure, nice venue, new kind of music for me and a really great time!!

Another cute tidbit, we had our picture taken for the Pride Center exhibit on Families for winter pride this morning... The women was asking Jack about his favorite superhero, Jack says: Well my Jonny is (cute thats my Cute Marine Corps Bro) I about died because he is a superhero but for Jack to comprehend that is remarkable! Also if ANY of you cute families are interested in being a part of the exhibit it is a free professional family picture and an incredible way to show our pride, goes along nicely with our Legislative Bill work we are doing.. Email me for info it has to be done realatively soon so get on it.

8 comments:

Dee said...

CONGRATS on passing the exam!!!!

Heidi said...

WOOO HOOO CONGRATULATIONS! That is awesome...funny dream. I miss you...talk soon.

Merr said...

Way to go girlie!
We'll take a picture if they need!

Holly said...

CONGRATS! What an accomplishment! Congrats!!!! CONGRATS!!!

K J and the kids said...

Congratulations.
Nice job !

The Pixie and a Dragonfly said...

Nice work girlie!! We signed up for a photo shoot too....

Ky said...

To say that I am proud of you is an understatement. I am DAMN proud of you!

Unknown said...

I have been totally slacking in blogland lately.. Got caught up with your blog finally and I'm so excited for your great accomplishment.. That is AWESOME!!! Way to go girl.. Doesn't surprise me at all.
And also, so happy for you about your vials.. YEPPIE!