9.30.2007

highways, byways, and getaways......


Well, I am back from my week out of town. It was a blast, I learned a lot at the substance abuse conference. Especially my favorite breakout session called "undercover with the DEA". It was nice, I managed to obscond to Mesquite on Tuesday and Wednesday nights while I was away, and play a little slot machine action. Not so good was the money that went down tube.. Ky says well it was hours of entertainment so no big deal. Whew, she always makes me feel better when I see money flying out the window. Plus, it was only the penny slots (which what a crock of crap it is WAY more then that when you bet 20 lines for 2 cents a line or whatever the hell).

My cute family joined me on Thursday night around 7 pm. It was SO good to see all of them. We have never stayed a night at a hotel as a family ALONE. We have always been with friends or family in our out of town travels (not that its a bad thing). So we LOVED it we had such a great time doing nothing. Thursday we went to an awesome dinner with some of my coworkers and for the record I hate cheesecake but ate the BEST cheesecake of my life that night. Infact I want some more right now. We did a whole lot of nothing on Friday, swam in the pool, chatted, and spent some 'quality" time together. We had previously decided to come home on Saturday because that would still give us a bit of a weekend. It was a real bummer because So. Ut Pride was on Saturday and originally we thought we would stop in. However, WINTER hit that day and we thought it best to get home as soon as possible. So we drove through a blizzard for a good 2oo miles, it was so strange I wanted to be in total denial that it was actually close enough to winter for SNOW. Ky goes "is that snow, sure is it is sticking" It took me a triple take to believe it. That is until I had the white knuckles on the steering wheel, pretty much all of the way to SLC.

We had fun last night we pulled out the new Karioke Machine Ky got me for our Anniversary and had a couple glasses of wine (ky had shots). This morning I finished up some school stuff. I am finishing my first class as of tomorrow at 10pm (how nice it goes so fast you don't even have time to hate it). Then we went and took some family pictures at Memory Grove, fun but not that fun with 2 toddlers who are done after the first 5 minutes. Infact we are going to have to get dressed again to go and get a few more of the whole family. We got cute ones of the kids but no family pic, and for those of you that know us well you know that we don't even have a family picture in the house. Why? well when we had the lovely state in for the visits monthly we thought it easier to just hide our whole family away and in that did not EVER take a picture till now. So I am VERY excited but my excitement will have to wait a few more weeks to get a few more done.

Then we went to the circus, my Ky got us 3rd row seats. After my panic of trampling elephants (LUCKILY OUR SEATS WERE ON THE END) I couldn't believe how good the seats were. We went with the Proud Prowsers and it was so much fun. Thanks girls we have missed you and it was so good to see you!! I am so niave though, we are walking into the circus and this "sweet" young man walks up handing out literature, I thought he was really giving me a "program" thinking to myself, those programs are so expensive, I scored by getting one on the way in. I looked at it for a minute and Ky was like oh they are soliciting, and picketing for the (P))E&&T##A) Organization. Not that i have a side either way, but when am I going to not be so niave to think that pretty much everyone is out for a cause, and now a days there is not going to be some nice person handing out a free program. Nope the programs were 15.00 at the door. Oh hell I might as well rant a bit more, to rid my guilt. So you know they sell so much damn propoganda at the circus and other events that Ky and I decided a few years ago that we would NEVER buy the kids any of that stuff at those events so that it never becomes a habit. Good damn thing Ky had a momentary lapse and wanted a snow cone I asked the guy for fun how much 15.00 oh and they had a 23.00 and 30.00 cup for a snow cone also. Come again, $15.00 for a snow cone in a cheap plastic cup. HOLY HELL!! We quickly changed that thought process and did NOT have a snow cone. Who pays that, well apparently everyone because the guy would come back and forth with the empty tray... To top that all off the cotton candy cost the same $15.00 for swirled up sugar, you must be kidding. Anyways, I remember as kids my Grandpa would buy us whatever we wanted at those things, we would probably take it all home and throw it away in a week, cuz it broke or whatever...... Now, it was probably MUCH cheaper back then and that is neither here nor there... the bottom line is if people would stop buying that crap it would not be so ridiculous.. Then when our kids looked at us longingly we could justify spending a bit to get them something. I mean REALLY it is not about the money for me (I am the one who blew money on NOTHING in Mesquite). It is about the principal, is it not enought to pay 35.00 a ticket, 35>00 for popcorn, hotdog, drinks, and some nachos. Oh and 5.00 TO PARK. Thank Heavens Sum and Mer feel the same way and Cam did not end up with any of those things either because lord knows that would have made things a bit harder, at least made it harder for me to stick to my "decision".
What an awesome weekend... I am on the countdown for my "anniversary getaway", Ky has now informed me that we are going to be flying." She has such a hard time with secrets, a couple of times she says, "do you want me to just tell you" I am bad with secrets too... but I have said no don't tell me I really want to be surprised. I CAN"T WAIT, I would like to think it was a romantic cruise, but the logical side of me says that 2 days is not enough for that.... So for now I will wait to see.

Have a great week, and keep an eye out for some more updated pictures that are downloading as we speak!

8 comments:

Holly said...

$15 for a snow cone!! OMG!
It sounds like the week was a success! What's up with the blizzard conditions out there?? We're still apple picking in 70 degree weather and we're in the northeast!

I would love to hear you guys on the karaoke machine! especially after a few drinks! ;-)

Merr said...

That is awesome that you guys got to spend some quality time as a family together. I love just going and staying in some hotel for a weekend. Just a little get away. The circus was great fun and we are glad you guys didn't buy any of that stuff either. It is hard when the kids are asking. I don't know if yours did but Cam really wanted a sno cone. I can't wait to come test out the karaoke machine.
If you need help getting more pictures, let us know. I bet Cam could get Jack to smile!
I know about your secret get away and I am so jealous! Don't let her tell you, you can do it.

Boo said...

Holly-I LOVE APPLE PICKING! I think it is one of my most favorite things ever!!

Merr-Maybe we will take you up on that picture offer, ANGLE is so important and our friend did a great job my thighs and double chin performed well, you forget you cannot look down at the camera!! Up always look up Lets go not next weekend but the next on sunday then you can come over and we can do some Kareoke (I wish I could spell that word)!

Heidi said...

NEENER NEENER NEENER! I know where your going! Want a hint? Love you, and can't wait to hear all about the romantic trip...WHAT AN AMAZING WIFE YOU HAVE! Not that you didn't already know that! :) Sounds like the weekend was a great success, wish we wouldn't have missed the karaoke! You know I love me some karaoke! :)

Love you girl!

Keri said...

Fun, fun, fun!! Your kids are so damn cute!

K J and the kids said...

OF COURSE we are friends. ARE YOU CRAZY!!!
I'm so glad you had such a good time in St George.
I want to see pictures of the family ?
I also want to hear you sing karaoke :) me.....I can TOTALLY sing ! :) ha ha

Miss you !

ajs4ever said...

Those prices are crazy insane!!

At least you had some great family time:)

Unknown said...

Holy Shi* are you kidding me? $15,00 for a snow cone and a freaking stick of sugar? Wow! Good girls for sticking to your guns!
Darling pics and glad you are home from your trip.. That's so hard!