9.03.2007

End of Summer Fun

I cannot believe it, I can't believe that summer is coming to an end. It is time to put all of the fun away. Ky and I were driving home today and started planning out the winter, and I have to say. We are going to need some fun in there somewhere. This winter..... The house, painting and new carpet. That should be fun.

Anyways, our summer fun is not really ending but it is clear we are transitioning into fall because the fair is coming, and in the mountains this weekend the leaves on the ridges were starting to change. I am not going to lie, I LOVE fall, when I lived back East fall was the most AMAZING season of all. The trees and season change was absolutely breath taking, and the thing I miss the most from Maine, we could do so much in the fall my favorite... Apple picking, we would get out all of our first of the season fall clothes and head out to the orchards for this yearly event, this was usually followed by some apple pie, a fair or two and some awesome beach campfires. Utah.. isn't half bad though, it is quite amazing here also so I am certainly not complaining!

So as our farewell to summer we spent the weekend camping at East Canyon... Although this was the "trip originally planned for the grandparents" upon there canceling, we ended up inviting some friends up to join us. It was a blast, we spent some time at the Lake in the BIGGIE (which sadly had gained a few holes from the ride up, and I spent most of the time the first day holding the holes with my fingers, Mitchy and I went on a mad dash down the canyon to find patches for the next day, and succeeded in that project). We saw wildlife had a near "spray" experience on several occasions from the skunks that visited us nightly, played games, and let the kids run wild. There is nothing better then having your family, in the mountains, next to water, with no real expectations. Thanks to those who joined us and made it an incredible experience and to anyone who didn't we are thinking that we should start planning for next year sooner then later so that we can get a great spot, in an incredible area, and be joined by incredible people!!

I am sure Ky will give the full update and picture report so stay tuned!!

7 comments:

Denise said...

You said it best. There is nothing better then having your family around water with no expectations.

K J and the kids said...

I don't know what you are talking about. The fun in the sun is ending, but the fun isn't !
Think about all of the good times to come....Halloween, Thanksgiving, CHRISTMAS, New Years. This is just the BEGINNING :)

I'm glad that you guys had fun. We were on our way up too...the sky didn't seem to look good so we decided against making the trip only to get rained on.
I hope it was a BEAUTIFUL day for you.
Glad to hear you weren't SPRAYED !! GROSS !

Merr said...

We have had a blast this summer thanks to you guys. We have never done so much or seen so much and I have lived here my whole life! Thanks for including us in your fun. I am excited for the fall, and we will just have to find fun things to do still. May the fun never stop!! I can't wait for the circus!

Keri said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend. There's nothing better than the mountains this time of year. Fall is my favorite too!

Ky said...

Babes - thanks for giving up the first 2/3 of your summer to take care of me - and thank you even more for jamming into the last 1/3 everything we had missed. It's been an exhausting few weeks but it's been fun! I'm looking forward to this winter - snuggling by the fire....building snow caves...learning how to snow shoe...and watching our amazing kids grow each day. Love you!

Heidi said...

Can't believe summer is coming to an end...I feel that today is the first day of fall with the sweatshirt I have on. BUT...we have many many many more days and nights of fun ahead my little Beckster! Can't wait for all the adventures planned and unplanned...talk soon! SMOOCHES

Ky said...

Oh B. I can't imagine life with out our Pop but I can imagine him in peace and free of the chains his body is in. Thank you for sharing him with me & when we sing "I can only imagine" at his funeral I know he will smile and be proud.