8.05.2007

What a weekend!!

We had such fun this weekend.... The big gay campout!! You know it was our first time joining the group for this annual campout and we had a good time. It is always interesting though and a bit out of the ordinary for me to begin joining other groups. I have been a bit "stagnant" for a long time, I have been comfortable for a lot of years, we have had the "same" group of friends forever and this spring and summer we have had the enjoyment of having some very incredible people enter our lives... I had to realize something about myself this weekend, I easily get a bit uncomfortable, I feel out of sorts, I worry about what people think, and it bugs me!! My friends that have been around forever just know me, they know my quirks, and they love me for who I am. But.... I spent the weekend with a bunch of new people, with different qualities and quite a variety of personalities and I can't believe how much I found myself worrying if everyone was okay. It was great though there is no time like the present to come out of your comfort zone and have to do things a bit different. We really enjoyed getting to know people better and meeting new people.

The BGCO(big gay campout) held down in Dinosaur Land National Park was successful it seems. Minus a few "loud and slightly drunk" mishaps it was awesome. I was a bit concerned as we drove to Vernal, I had no idea what to expect I mean for me camping has always been in the mountains and dumb me thought Vernal would be mountainous since we were driving through Heber. I had NO idea we were going to end up in the desert. It was beautiful as we came in near the Green River.... I decided I MUST get out more! There was river rafting, fishing, swimming in the river, and some REBEL ROUSING!! K has all the pics I will let her post. For those of you who were there YOU ROCK and for those of you that weren't THERE IS NEXT YEAR!!

8 comments:

Trista said...

I do the same thing, I worry about how people are feeling and if they're having a good time till I get sick and anxious with it. And if I have to do something that might imping on someone's good time, then I feel sick and worried about it for hours or days afterward.

And making new friends and meeting new groups of people always makes me feel a bit queasy. I wish I could stop it, but there it is.

K J and the kids said...

At the end of the day what does it matter ?
You are with your family who knows and loves you and what anyone else is doing or thinks doesn't affect that at all.
I think we all do this to a certain degree though.

I'm glad that you had a good time :) Wish you could have hung with us the last night though !
Thanks for the bat cave time.

P.S. Download pictures....I didn't take. :)

Merr said...

Don't worry about what others think. Your true friends love ya no matter what! I am glad you guys have joined the parenting group. It feels like we have known each other forever! Thanks for letting us into your huge circle of friends!

Boo said...

Trista- I am so glad that you can relate. I hate it about myself and I am going to work on it and try not to worry so much!! I guess it has just been a while since I have been out of my comfort zone.

K-Thanks you are right I wish that I could only care about that. It is true that I do have my family at the end of the day and they do love me, the bat cave was fun, and boy I missed out the last night, I hope you guys had fun. By the way I cannot believe you drove to Duchesne and back in one day, thats too far. YOU and J are fabulous and such a RIOT!! Thanks for being so fun!

Merr-I know my "true" friends love me but the fun for me is in meeting new people too it just makes me mad I am so freakin unsure!! Anyways I wrote this in a weak, tired and dorky moment. Thanks for the support!

ajs4ever said...

Glad you gals had fun! It sounds like a blast to me:)

Denise said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Dont envy you on the tent thing though.

Holly said...

You didn't get pulled over on the way there like K or Merr, did you!?!?
It sounds like such a blast! You ladies have a cool group out there!

Keri said...

Thanks for commenting so I could find you too. I can't believe how many of you blog!

Cristy and I had a great time with your family and look forward to other events where we can get to know you better.

Time to catch up on your story! :)