10.29.2008

This and that

It has been a busy couple of weeks, I finished a very difficult class to begin another difficult class. 8 classes left to my degree and that is about all that keeps me going. I figure I don't really have an excuse though since I was able to maintain school and go through some very difficult times in my life this summer. I did some fun things this last week, I took the kids to a local corn maize and they loved it. They loved it all except for the haunted dinosaur of which we found the nearest exit. The kids were scared to death, when we came out little J looked at me and said "mom my life was scared inside my body". The things kids say. Sunday some friends went to L*^agoon for frig(**htmares and we all had a blast. A is my fearless child on all of the rides, even puts her hands up the whole time on the tidal wave, but not J he is kind of a wimp these days, gotta do something to toughen him up. They enjoyed themselves we have good friends and they always end up being the center of attention!

I started training for a half marathon that is taking place in January in Phoenix and will be going down with some friends, it is looking like I am going to have some heavy competition and some very athletic folks to keep up with. So I started going to the gym, because I couldn't quite keep myself motivated at home, it is always easier to do laundry, school work, or something else. The benefit of the gym is that I have daycare for an hour and a half a day there, the kids enjoy playing and I get to excercise which I enjoy very much. Something about looking at "fit" people keeps me motivated, plus I can watch my kids on the T.V screen in the daycare! LOL.

Looking forward to a great weekend, I get to take the kids on Halloween which I am happy about and Saturday I am taking the four wheeler out for one last hurrah prior to the really cold winter time. I am excited for the holidays though because just getting through them means that we are closer to spring. Spring means T-ball, soccer, camping, boating, hiking, and FUN!!

I will be leaving to join my mom and dad with the kids in San Diego in a few weeks. My little baby brother is returning from this go around being deployed. We are all so excited that he will be coming home and his return happens to fall over the Thanksgiving holiday. So we decided to rent a beach house for that week and spend Thanksgiving on the beach in San Diego. I am so lucky that K is so giving and is given me the go ahead to take the kids for that long over our first holiday apart no less, it is very gracious of her. Thanks K it really means a lot.

Divorce and seperation is a difficult thing, even more difficult is holidays and lost time with kids, doing all of the "firsts" with out the entire family. We are all adjusting and moving in a positive direction but it is definitely a bumpy road with a HUGE learning curve!

The single life..................... boy was that something I never thought I would say, the single life has been interesting, for the most part I have enjoyed it but also had some moments of intense clarity about my own desires, wishes, needs, hopes, goals, and plan. It is a VERY strange thing when all of the sudden you and only you are at the helm of your own ship. The most amazing realization I have had is that the number one relationship I have to work on is that with my kids. I have spoken of this before, but truly taking the opportunity to enjoy life as a mom has been the greatest blessing. Dating occasionally has proven to be somewhat of a nightmare and I will leave it at that. For me learning to set boundaries, say no to things I don't want to do and learning not to over commit myself to social gatherings, people, and events have been my most recent accomplishments!

I will post pictures soon from the last few weeks!

5 comments:

Ky said...

I'm glad you are going to spend time with Jon - and it will be meaningful to the kids. You better be taking a lot of pictures!

Merr said...

You sound so good despite everything!! I am glad you are working on the important things like the kids and yourself. Your Thanksgiving sounds awesome, but will be hard on everyone I'm sure.
I can't believe you are already thinking about Spring! It's not even Winter yet!

Lynnbug said...

Just started reading your blog--one thing-- dont you know it is a cardinal rule to NEVER go into the cornfield? Bad things happen in cornfields--


LOL

Happy Halloween!

Heidi said...

Beck...so happy to read you! I heard yesterday you were taking the kids for Turkey Day and my assumption was that you were all going to meet up with Jon! I am so happy that is the case! Give him a big squeeze for me and tell him thanks for flying those cool ass Cobra's to keep me safe and free over here! :) The holidays will be over sooner then you know it and the firsts will continue to happen, it's when the first stop that your life becomes hum-drum and drab. Keep up the great work! Your amazing! :) BIG (moist-ha ha ha) Smooches from this friend to you.

K J and the kids said...

When you post it's like going on a rollercoaster with you. (which I love by the way) I'm scared, happy, sad, excited.

I'm so glad that you and Ky are able to talk and be decent to each other through all of this. You are setting such a good example for so many others.

Oh...and I LOVED the J story about being scared in his body ! :) ha ha ha